Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Avengers Review Preview

So I don't exactly have time right this minute to write up a full review, but I got a chance to see The Avengers early and I'll tell you it was GREAT! A definite 5/5 for me. I will mention that going into the movie my favorite of the Marvel-film characters was Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron man. But coming out of the movie it was Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. Initially I was a bit skeptical when he first got on scene because they kept talking about the Hulk as "the other guy" and his mannerisms and personality differed more from Norton's portrayal than I had anticipated. It just felt a little off to me. However, once the film got rolling and the Hulk comes out he just seemed to steal the show. All the nitpicky stuff I had logged into my mind just vanished. Ruffalo's Hulk had so much humor and so many scene-stealing moments that it made you want to beg Marvel to do another Hulk movie, with Ruffalo starring. And the "Puny god" scene was too awesome. Your theater will love it. And the uncut scene at the end moving from character to character reminded me a lot of when Spielberg did that in Tintin (one of my favorite moments of that movie). It was so awesome. All in all, I can't wait to get to see this movie again. I highly recommend you guys find the time to check it out this weekend. I don't see how you could wind up disappointed. So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment