Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post of the First Kind

So welcome, reader!  This is the first post of my brand new blog.  A blog is something I've always known I would ultimately need to make in order to connect with any fans when I (*fingers crossed*) one day get published.  Now's as good a time as any to get started.  I see this primarily being a Book Review blog, TV show and movie discussion board, Works In Progress tidbitting, and general Whatsuping!

So let's talk.  I'll be honest with you guys, I'm currently on hold in regards to my writing.  I'm in my final semester of college and focusing more on that generally.  My WIP are always on mind and I'm constantly tinkering with plot points, structures, and characters for when I get the chance to pick back up my writing.  For example, last week I spent a half hour break between classes coming up with a 30+ mini-chapter breakdown for the 1st book in a planned fantasy trilogy.  This is something I've become really excited about.  I've currently got the prologue and chapters 1-4 written.  It originally started out as 2 different stories.  One, crazy as it sounds, came to me in a dream.  The other (the prologue) was just something that sprung to mind one afternoon a couple years ago that I had to work out.  Then last year as I was driving to work one day, thinking about these stories and how I could go about them, a random idea hit me.  It was a serious gasp-inducing moment.  The two stories were perfect for each other.  The more and more I thought about it this just made wonderful sense.  So now that I have that plotted out, I'm really enthused to get back to work on it.  I also have 3 other WIP that are in various states, but I'll elaborate more on them (and this one) in later posts.

I think one of the first things I'm going to get together for my next post is a 2012 reading list with everything I've already read and names of upcoming books I'm looking forward to reading.  Then I'm going to start working on reviews for all of the books.  Luckily it's only mid-March, so I've only got like oh...10 to 15 books to catch up on, haha.  I'll probably start with 2 of the best books that I've recently read, Jennifer Armentrout's Half-Blood and Pure (both currently available from Amazon and others).  Oh man!  These books are awesome, but I'll save the gushing for the reviews.

Well I think I'm gonna wrap up this first post, now.  I know right now I'm just talking to myself, but hopefully soon I'll manage to snag a few interested readers.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment